La Dada – King Deer (2016)
Experimental | 6 min.
LA DADA – KING DEER is a filmic ode to the Swiss artist Sophie Taeuber (1889 – 1943) and to her dadaistic work.
A dancer and a singer perform a duet with Taeuber’s marionettes and revive Dada as a collective art.
The masking of dancer and singer bring to mind the courage of Sophie Taeuber. Despite the threat of dismissal from the School of Applied Arts she continued performing as a dadaist – henceforth, dancing with mask and pseudonym.
- Cine Club Sándwich (August 2o17, Mexico)
- Salón International de la luz (May 2017, Colombia)
- TLANCHANA FEST – FESTIVAL DE CINE Y ARTE DIGITAL (April 2017, Mexico)
- FESTIMATGE Festival de la Imatge de Calella (April 2017, Spain)
- 24th Sguardi Altrove Film Festival (March 2017, Italy)
- Dona i Mujer Film Festival (January 2017, Spain)
- 60th Cork International Film Festival (November 2016, Ireland) OSCAR QUALIFYER
- 53th Solothurner Filmtage (January 2016, Switcherland)